BEN RAHIM is organizing the 2nd Edition of the Barista Competition in Tunisia, and we invite you to join the competition!
Compete in Latte Art for a chance to take home the Barista Champion's Title.
The Barista Champion will win 1000 DT in cash.
Come watch and cheer for your local barista as a spectator.
The date: The 8th of October 2023
The Location: the Exhibition Palace of KRAM.
Doors open at 10:30, kick off at 11 am.
Rules for the event are as follows:
- Register to Participate in the Competition (registration fee 10 tnd, purchase the ticket below)
- You can bring your own jugs or use ours
- It's a knockout format competition
- One barista at a time
- 2 x 200ml flat white cups
- Ben Rahim's barista will pour your shots
- Steam your own milk and split your jugs
- Pour your best latte art
- Latte art at 6 o’clock
- Hearts, Tulips, Rosettas only
- Choose your best cup
- Put it forward
The Judges will be looking for:
- texture of milk,
- contrast of colours,
- fullness of cup,
- symmetry, size & definition of pattern,
- level of difficulty,
- any spillages, any milk wastage & finger placement on cup.
To get familiar with the espresso machine and milk before the competition, it's a good idea to book a workshop.
The workshop will help you understand how to use the equipment and get comfortable with it.
Remember, the competition is on Sunday, and you're required to be present by 10 am.
You can make the payment either at the shop in Sidi Bou said Ben Rahim or before the competition starts on Sunday.